Our quick summary of this report:
- This paper outlines in simple language the considerations for banks in setting a net zero strategy.
- The transition to net zero will require significant investment and finance.
- As part of this the banks will play an increasing important role.
- That’s where banks have an important role to play to channeling the finance needed to invest in sustainable businesses and areas.
- Many banks have made net zero commitments in recent years.
- But what does this mean in practical terms as they try and reduce their financed emissions within their portfolios?
One of our favorite parts:
From page 45 – how Carbon Offsetting works. See a great summary starting in this section of the report. (image snippet below to get you interested)